When a writer attempts to analyze the past from the present; we are referring to a reflective essay.
This type of essay describes an experience or event and it will then go on to analyze the meaning of what is attached to the episode.
It is expected of writers to open up about their emotions and experiences which will paint the history of their traits and personality. You are expected to sound very convincing in a way that will make the writer feel that they have experienced the occurrence on their own.
What can you write about?
There is a radius of gyration on what you are expected to write about with this type of essay. The areas of focus can be limited to any of the following:
- The life experience in your past
- It can be something that you imagined
- A place or special object can be the focus of concentration
- The angle of focus can be something that you have watched; touched; smelled or anything thing within the range so far mentioned.
How do you write the paper?
There are instructions to be followed when writing this type of essay. The guide to making the best out of the paper is given below.
- Where you are not assigned a topic; you have to choose a topic idea. If you do not have a topic in mind; then you have to go online and check through reflection topic ideas online. This first step that will determine your success is the topic that you choose to write on. You are expected to choose wisely.
- Take a look at the topic and make sure you understand every word of the topic. Where you are not clear about anything in case you were given a topic to write on; ask your Instructor for clarifications. Make sure you study and understand the topic before you start on your topic.
- When you clear about what the topic involves; the next task is to brainstorm on the topic. Write down everything that you know and can remember the topic. Making full research into the topic will give you enough data which you are going to work on. There should be adequate information gathering on the topic before you proceed into writing the first word.
- It is expected that you pick your reflective questions
- Next, go on and read all the questions that you selected and answer them. Make sure you get all the answers that you can think of. It must not necessarily be an informal answer format; all you need is ideas to answers the questions.
- What is the meaning of your experience? You have to underline the most important things that you learned through your experience. The most prominent among them will form the thesis of your essay.
The organization of the reflective essay follows the format of introduction; body and conclusion as it is seen with most of the online essays. All the ingredients needed to achieve the best results have been provided above.